How to ensure slip safety in the workplace
With companies and managers being held accountable for health and safety management, employers need to ensure control measures are in place to protect the health and safety of employees, especially when it comes to slip safety in the workplace.
Traffik can significantly help to reduce the chance of slip; reducing accidents and injuries and any subsequent claims.
HSE states that slips and trips account for:
• More than a third of major injuries to workers annually
• A fifth of ‘over 3 day’ injuries
• Over 50% of all serious injuries to members of the public in workplaces
• Costs to employers of £512million annually
• Costs to the health services of £133 million annually
• A third of all falls from height deaths and injuries are initiated from a slip or trip
Slips and trips happen everywhere, in all sectors, but you can take simple, low-cost measures to control the risk of accidents occurring.
Did you know that most trips happen as a result of poor housekeeping? (HSE)
HSE control measures you can take to help prevent slips and trips:
• Effective cleaning techniques
• Managing floor cleaning to reduce the risk of slip
• Effective matting systems
• Selecting suitable footwear
• Suitable design of workplace including flooring and work activities
• Maintenance of plant and the work environment
• Suitable training and supervision
How we can help...
As a floor care and maintenance specialist, Traffik can help you put preventative measures in place to alleviate the risk of slips and trips in the workplace.
• Cleaning regimes – we can work with you to deliver an effective cleaning regime and training programme that will not only help to sustain cleaner, safer surfaces but will also increase the lifespan of your flooring.
• Slip-assessments – Traffik is one of the leading slip resistance testing companies in the UK. We can carry out a slip assessment of your floor surface/s helping to ensure safety guidelines are maintained and reduce the risk of slip-related accidents and claims.
• Slip-resistance solutions – we can offer anti-slip products, treatments and coatings that will provide increased slip resistance on almost all hard floor surfaces internally or externally to reduce the risk of slip and meet BS7976.
Pendulum Testing - SPECIAL OFFERS
Sample Tile Testing: Just £58.00 + VAT (usually £95.00 + VAT)*
Prior to specifying, why not arrange to send us a sample of your stone or ceramic tile to test its slip resistance?
Send the tile sample to our head office in Wiltshire where will we test the slip resistance of the tile in both wet and dry conditions. A full slip resistance test report will be provided.
If required we can quote for and carry out anti-slip tile treatments.
Sample Vinyl, Lino, Rubber and Wood Testing: £125 + VAT*
Prior to specifying or after fitting where enhanced slip resistance would be beneficial, we can coat your floor surface with Wearmax ceramic coating to make it compliant.
Send a sample of your product to our head office in Wiltshire and we will provide a Wearmax sample to you, together with a full test report.
£100 OFF your next on-site Slip Resistance Test*
We can visit your premises and test your floor covering/s slip resistance on-site, helping you to form an effective risk assessment. A full slip resistance test report will be provided.
*Offer available to new slip resistance customers, available on new bookings only. Must be booked by 20th December 2019, for testing November 2019 - February 2020. Further terms apply.
For further information about pendulum testing or our range of anti-slip floor care products and treatments please contact the office on 01985 840400 | email@example.com